Friday, February 26, 2010

Yoshinori Kitase...please read this blog post from a Final Fantasy Fan.

Sorry guys this is a direct message to Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase.

Hi I go by the name Ultima Black Mage for privacy reasons and I am trying to get your attention because of all the continual new reports about the Final Fantasy VII remake you say you can't make to look like Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not sure about other fans of the series but as a devoted Final Fantasy fan I have an idea that I'd like to run by you through this blog post since I can't find any contact information for Square-Enix through the main website.
I would like to suggest that if you and the rest of the Final Fantasy team haven't thought about this, consider making Final Fantasy VII's remake using the Infinite Undiscovery engine for the game and make pre-rendered cutscenes for every cutscene in the original. I only suggest this because of the fact that on one of the interviews I read you said that it would take 3 to 4 times as long to make a Final Fantasy XIII quality remake of Final Fantasy VII and I thought that maybe the Infinite Undiscovery engine would allow the game to be made in a shorter span of time with high quality graphics. I personally liked the graphics of the games Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean:The Last Hope and think that it would do Final Fantasy VII justice in the visual department, but this is a fan boys opinion and I'm sure that all the other fans would rather Final Fantasy XIII's Crystal Tools engine, but I think most just want to play a newer graphics version regardless. If you can't use the Infinite Undiscovery engine because of some reason, the Unreal Engine 3 you used for The Last Remnant might be a good substitute as well considering the graphics on that game were spectacular as well and even though the textures did load a little slow in the game, it still was visually pleasing. I'm sure that if you were able to remake Final Fantasy VII with either of those engines the majority of the fans will still want to enjoy the chance to return to the world of Final Fantasy VII in a more visually detailed world.
Please consider my suggestions only if it can reduce making the games time to a reasonable time frame for the development team and I hope you found this and realise that some fans can be rational in thought, and even if you can't remake Final Fantasy VII with these engines at least the fans can still download it on the PlayStation Store like I did on the day it came out in the PAL region were I live.

Thank You... If you read this.

P.S. I bought my PS3 in the year it was released just for Final Fantasy XIII when it was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive and look forward to playing both the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII that I've pre-ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment