Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello people. It's been a while.

Hello people. It's been a while huh? Well don't worry I'm not gone, just waiting for some new games to be released. You can look forward to reviews of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and LittleBigPlanet 2 this month and blog posts on my exploits in DC Universe online. Why am I not reviewing DC Universe Online? Well it's because MMOs are hard to review, especially since they keep expanding and in the case of the online Final Fantasy's just get worse with time.They'll be a fair few reviews coming from me throughout this year but don't expect a Gears Of War 3 or Dead Space 2 review or many FPS reviews this year because I'm not really into those games and the big boy reviewers will give you the review you want for those games anyway. I am also not reviewing any Kinect games or Move games because I don't own them and I also can't use a Kinect in my room because it's too small.

I'll have a new gaming platform to concentrate on, the Nintendo 3DS. Is anyone else as excited about this as I am? I'm not jumping on the 3D bandwagon but it's a portable Gamecube! It's funny how Nintendo's portable consoles are always a portable version of their last console. The Gameboy's were portable NES's, the Gameboy Advance was a portable SNES, the DS is a portable N64 and the 3DS is a portable GCN with 3D. Unfortunately they still haven't given much information on what games will be at launch and when the games are being released but I'm still as excited as a child at Christmas morning about the 3DS regardless.

In terms of games being released this year I'm not sure exactly which ones I'll buy but it looks like I may also be importing some games like Hyperdimension Neptunia and possibly many more since JRPGs are becoming less frequently released these days in Australia. If everything goes to plan you'll see reviews of Mortal Kombat, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, The 3rd Birthday, Infamous 2, Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D, Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, The Last Story, Final Fantasy IV Complete, Artorelico Qoga(possible import) and Hyperdimensional Neptunia(possible import) we'll have to wait and see.

Well I'll have a review of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded first this year assuming the release doesn't change and remember I'll also be posting my reviews on N4G so keep an eye out there for them and if I'm lucky I may get my dream of reviewing games for a proper website and get paid in games. Only time will tell. Hopefully 2011 will be a better gaming year then 2010 and hopefully a GOTY Edition Fallout New Vegas will come out as well.

Also go buy Blade Kitten! It's a really good game with some flaws but a second part of the game is being made with improvements and Atari is holding off on publishing it because of how badly episode 1 of Blade Kitten sales were. Sure it's a high priced downloadable game on Steam, PS Store and XBLA but it's a fun game. Also if your Australian buy it to support you country!

No comments:

Post a Comment