Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review : Blazblue:Calamity Trigger

Ok I can finally give a review on Blazblue:Calamity Trigger and I've given every mode a go, so here finally is the review for Blazeblue:Calamity Trigger.

Blazblue is an arcade fighter made by the same people behind Guilty Gear. The game features many modes of play which are Arcade, Story, Score Attack, Training, Versus and Network. The stories of the characters are... ok... they're not the best but I'm sure that not many people bother reading the stories anyway and it's hard to explain the story outside of it being the future and some crazy stuff happens and everyone in this game somehow is influenced. Controls are the same as every 2D fighter and there are no clone characters so the move lists for each character are different, but some fundamental inputs are the same for a lot of characters like the old down forward attack button input. A couple of characters are easy to use off the bat but others will require skill to master and I found some false advertising! The box says and I quote "Lag Free Online Fighting" and I played at 2:30am and in only 20% of the fights I had "Lag Free Online Fighting" and the rest were half a second or more lag between inputs. On top of that the Powerwave arcade stick is a piece of crap when it comes to inputting commands. OK the arcade stick isn't that bad but I've used plenty of better ones in the past and this one is crappier then those and clicks too much when you move the stick.

Blazblue:Calamity Trigger is a good game, in fact it's a great game but it's online mode fails to match the claims the box says and it's worth it for the arcade stick but you may as well still buy a proper one because it will work better. It will keep your urge for a good fighting game at bay while you wait for Super Street Fighter IV. I give it 5/5 only because I assume the "Lag Free Online Fighting" is for people in the same area as you.

Score 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment