Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review : Halo 3 ODST


Luck was on my side this week and I managed to get Halo 3 ODST(ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Trooper if you didn't know). I also got it for $AU79 but found out after buying it that I could have gotten it for $AU68... AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Anyway here's another review for you to read on Halo 3 ODST.
Let's start with disc 1, the actual ODST game. It has 2 main modes, one is the campaign mode and the other is Firefight. The campaign mode last around 4-5 hours when you rush through but you can make it longer if you want to find everything and get all the achievements in the mode. The game plays like Halo 3 but brings back my favourite side arm the original Halo's handgun. The story for campaign plays like a quantum leap kinda thing into what each member of the ODST team did before you found the beacon. Personally I liked the story to a point... but lets face it story is not why we buy these games we buy them for pwnage(I HATE THAT WORD!). Speaking of pwnage the Firefight mode is pretty much in short Gears Of War 2's Horde mode with the Covenent and through FPV(First Person View). It's fun but the lives system kinda brings it down. I like being able to kill until I and my partners die like in GOW2 horde mode but at least the live make it go quicker, which also is a bad thing.
Now on to disc 2 Halo 3 Multiplayer disc... yeah this will be quick. It's a disc that make you want to scream at Microsoft for forcing you to download all the map packs and giving you a disc with exclusive maps on it... WTF! The new maps are Citadel, Heretic and Long Shore and they are interesting because Citadel is medium sized and doesn't provide much cover for a map that uses sniper rifles, Heretic is small and it's full of different levels to get lost on and Long Shore is large I suppose with plenty of places to snipe and hide and is my favourite of the new maps because it's Team Slayer potential is awesome!
Halo 3 ODST seems like very little for it's price of RRP$AU99.95 and it is... trust me get it while it's cheap if your a Halo fan! Don't wait 'til later because it's too expensive for what it is! I'm not saying Halo 3 ODST isn't worth buying, oh no I say buy it if your a Halo fan and get it now while it's cheap. In closing Halo 3 ODST is a must buy for fans and it'll keep you occupied until the next big Xbox 360 release. 4/5 is the score I give it but that's because of it's price, if it was $AU60 then it would have gotten a 5/5.

SCORE 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment