Saturday, December 12, 2009

My top 10 favourite games so far.


This is a list of my favourite games I've played over the last 18 years of my life. Some of these games are new, some old but all dear to me and have help make me the man and gamer I am today. I know that this may change over time but that's why it says so far.

Warning: May contain mainly JRPG's because of gaming preference and the fact that they are worth playing compared to all the samey shooters of today.

10. Final Fantasy. A true classic that saved a company and started one of the world favourite franchises. It's simple in comparison to the newer entries in the franchise but still is a well worth while experience ALL Final Fantasy fans should embark on.

9. Kingdom Hearts. A great Action-JRPG with a well written story and a charm that makes it accessible to all ages and lots of fan service for both Squaresoft and Disney fans.

8. Lost Odyssey. Best JRPG story I've ever played through. Characters you feel for and a beautiful musical score hold this game so well. Battles are a bit of a pain though.

7. Final Fantasy VII. Arguably the best Final Fantasy in the series. Everything about this game is great and with the depth of this games story, characters and the quest themselves. This game will always have you coming back for more.

6. Chrono Trigger. Probably the best JRPG ever, this game has a rich story and characters with depth to them that make you feel privileged to play such a beautifully written game made by the best in the business.

5. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. An import game for my region but a solid JRPG with a great story, characters you can enjoy and some of the best cut scenes ever on a PlayStation game other then Chrono Trigger.

4. Castlevania:Symphony Of The Night. A game that mixed elements of other games to create what all Castlevania's should be like. Sure the acting sucked but I can never get sick of this game.

3. Final Fantasy VIII. The first RPG I ever played. I generated a love for games with actual story and a style of gameplay that requires strategy to successfully finish battle. With a great story and cast of character this game will forever be etched in my hearts.

2. Super Mario Bros. The first game I ever played and finished. Still to this day I play this timeless classic and remember the days when games were actually hard and had no checkpoints and save data... other then the RPGs like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

1. The Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time. I love playing this and it's the game that reminds me that even with the crap of today, there is still some games that will stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment