Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ultima Black Mage's 5 tips for the impatient fan waiting for Final Fantasy XIII

Are you like me and just can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII? Here are 5 tips for helping you cope and I am also using these tips,

1. Download and play Final Fantasy VII and VIII on the PS3/PSP. Each game should last you 60 or more hours and since the average gamer plays 1-2 hours a day, then this will last a long time for you... unlike me who plays 8-20 hours a day.

2. Max out all of your Dissidia Final Fantasy characters via Ad Hoc Party with other online players. This is a great option since you can also talk Final Fantasy with these people while playing and get good items out of them through Battle gen.

3. Reacquaint yourself with Final Fantasy XI. Most true Final Fantasy fans have an account for XI so why not go back and grind there. Sure it takes a while but who know, you may get a LV75 Job Class by the time XIII gets released.

4. Finish your unfinished Final Fantasy's. We ALL have at least one of these, probably one of the 8-bit or 16-bit version... I'd be guessing II or III. For me personally it's II,III,V,VI and XII. I haven't finished these because of playing other games.

5. Play a RPG that isn't Final Fantasy! There are plenty of great JRPG other then Final Fantasy like the Atelier Iris series, .hack, Cross Edge, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean series, Tales series or to a lesser extent the mortal enemy of Final Fantasy... Dragon Quest series or to the bottom of the barrel... Western RPGs like Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age or the only good one I've played Fallout 3.

I hope these 5 tips help distract you from watching the clock and counting the days until the possibly disappointing Final Fantasy XIII comes out. I only say possibly disappointing because it's linear and has no sidequest, town and has very little NPCs. I will definitely be reviewing Final Fantasy XIII as soon as I can break myself away from it after it gets released. I hope all you uber fans pre-ordered the Collector's Edition like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment